Monday, November 24, 2008
Only Sweet Cade
Cade went to the dentist on Thursday to get those "bugs" filled that I mentioned about a week ago on our blog. The night before I told him that we were going to the dentist to get his cavities bugs fixed. Well Cade tends to become overwhelmed with things and anxiety began to set in. Really he is quite funny in this mode. That night before bed and after breakfast the next morning he had flossed his teeth 3 or 4 times. That is something I have a very hard time getting him to do consistently. Now it does not seem to be a problem...I think he was thinking that when he got to the dentist in the morning that they might just be gone. Poor baby! Anyway, I thought it might be a good idea to give the fellow "happy gas" for the procedure and thank the good Lord I did. They numbed him up next and wouldn't you know being numb and drugged Cade was still flipping out about the fillings. He kept on trying to smile for me and his mouth stayed the same...he did find some humor in that even though he could not laugh. Once all was said and done he wanted badly to go home a stay in the bed...after all major surgery had just occurred. I took my sweet Cade to the store and got him a little prise for being soooo good. However, I guess I just hadn't allowed him to become upset enough for the day so I went ahead and let him drink some of my water which he proceeded to spit all over himself because, yes, he was still numb. I think that the flossing will still only last for a few more weeks...then he will start fighting with me about that again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment